What Workers’ Compensation Covers
Many injured workers do not realize that they are eligible for financial compensation when they get hurt on the job. For those that do and apply for workers’ compensation, they don’t actually know exactly what they can expect from it. The truth is, workers’ compensation should make it possible for you to avoid major expenses and get through to the point of recovery, if such a recovery is possible, or else allow you to avoid financial difficulties if you are unable to work again.
That means your workers’ compensation claim can provide you with the following:
- All medical bills related to your accident, including doctors’ visits, medications, surgeries, and physical therapy
- Lost wages from the period you are unable to work due to your injury
- The loss of future wages due to disfigurement, scars, the loss of a limb, or a generally reduced ability to work due to your injury
- The loss of future wages due to permanent disability
- Death benefits for the family in the case of a workplace death
There are limitations and specifications for all the above forms of compensation. To learn more about the specifics of each of the above forms of compensation, speak with our workers’ compensation lawyers.
Common Types of Georgia Workers’ Compensation Injuries and Claims
Workers’ compensation benefits may be available to workers who have suffered a wide range of different types of workplace injuries and illnesses. In Georgia, some of the most common accidents, injuries, and illnesses that lead workers to file workers’ compensation claims include:
- Back injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Broken bones
- Chemical exposure
- Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
- Herniated and bulging discs
- Knee Injuries
- Neck injuries
- Occupational illnesses
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Slip/Trip and fall accidents
- Vehicle accidents
Regardless of how the injury occurred or even if you were at fault in causing the accident, workers’ compensation laws provide injured workers important rights in Georgia.
What Our Clients Say
We are headquartered in Peachtree Corners, GA, but we have a much farther reach. At Cheves Briceno, we represent clients in no fewer than four states: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Washington. Even if you do not live in the Atlanta metro area, we can still represent you.